The technician is responsible performing analytical testing and documentation as is appropriate within a cGMP laboratory. This includes assisting with or leading projects related to the development and commercialization of a variety of drug products. The laboratory technician is accountable to the QC Manager and will assist in the implementations of cGMP compliant practices in the laboratory environment, as well as managing raw material component testing, analytical methods transfer, and in-process and finished product release and stability testing. The technician is expected to work in a team environment with operations technicians and other company employees.
- A Bachelor’s of Science in pharmaceutics, chemistry, immunology, biochemistry, or related field is required;
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a laboratory environment;
- Ability run HPLC instruments (Agilent – Software) is required
- Experience with pH meters, UV-VIS spectrophotometers, analytical and bench top balances;
- Preparing solutions and buffers, controlling and adjusting pH;
- Good pipetting skills;
- Safe handling of organic solvents;
The laboratory technician is responsible for executing and reporting results of experiments in support of the development scientist.Additional activities include maintaining lab notebooks, ordering necessary materials/consumables, and maintaining/cleaning lab space. Excellent communication skills and technical report writing is also required.
This position requires the use of chemicals and other biologically active species in a laboratory setting.