Salary: $110,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
The Production Manager is responsible for performing either directly or through the development of a team of operators who perform performing formulation and filling of non-sterile and sterile liquid pharmaceuticals in accordance with cGMP regulations. The mangers will work closely with quality and logistics managers to develop and track manufacturing performance metrics. This is a full time, exempt salaried position. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Production Manager will write, implement and monitor operating procedures and equipment to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop a production team of group leaders and technicians in the formulation and filling of liquid pharmaceuticals.
- Comply with cGMP regulations, adhere to USSF policies, and adhere to USSF SOP and Batch Record directions. Complete all necessary documentation in a manner that complies with Good Documentation Practices as tasks are performed.
- Train new technicians for independent setup, assembly, and operation of all equipment necessary for the daily manufacturing of products in accordance with current industry standards.
- Effectively troubleshoot equipment during operation to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Supervise cleaning and preparation of all equipment necessary for daily manufacturing.
2. Infrastructure and Planning
- Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality and general good manufacturing procedures.
- In partnership with facilities manager, supervise housekeeping, plant upkeep, and sanitization activities throughout production area as required.
- Assist the Validation and Maintenance staff with the operation and execution of engineering projects.
- Develop metrics and implement to asses performance of manufacturing team
- BA/BS in a pharmaceutical science related field with 5 years experience in a GMP environment
- Self-motivated to continuously take things to the next level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Intelex and Fishbowl or other process flow software.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to develop and train talent within the department.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions:
This position requires working around pharmaceutical chemicals and other biologically active species in a manufacturing setting. Must be able to stand/operate in clean room for 3-4 hour intervals. Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 30 lbs, and pull 30 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time